Wednesday 1 May 2013

Winter is...over!


A bold claim for someone in the UK, you may think. However this past winter has been akin to the one they keep banging on about in Game of Thrones. Summer didn't make an appearance in Wales last year...it was mostly raining and dull. I specifically remember the few occasions it was warm and dry enough for me to wear 'summer items' and not feel miserable in them.

Last week I decided I'd had enough with living in jumpers, jeggings and boots. The cold weather can get on its merry way now, as far as I'm concerned. I therefore cleared my tiny wardrobe space (which I share with the other half) of all of the items that I am pretty sick of looking at. Gone are the dark, snuggly jumpers and my beloved velvet jeans which I have brought out every winter season since I bought them three years ago.

Usurping their place are lighter-weight colourful knits, neon-trimmed shirts and a frenzy of floral separates. My wardrobe went from dark and brooding to spring-queen-bright in an hour. Do I regret it? Yes in the respect that the office in which I spend 85% of my time these days is bloody Arctic. However I am so happy to be back in my lighter, brighter clothes. Now all I have to do is wait for the sun to make its merry way into my life once more so the hairs on my arms stop standing on end!

Do you have a seasonal wardrobe too?






2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying:)FOLLOW YOU NOW! Please check mines If you want we can follow also with facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad winter is over!! I'm already waiting anxiously for summer to hit- love the warm weather :D I've yet to change around my closet and put spring/summer items in front. Got to get to it soon! Enjoyed the read and can relate :] it took this cold weather forever to go away this year. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete